Our client , An International NGO with offices in 30 countries around the globe operating mainly in environment, health, education, architecture, culture, micro-finance, rural development, disaster reduction, the promotion of private-sector enterprise and the revitalization of historic cities.
Our client is seeking for Syrian Professional to fill the following challenging position to be based in Damascus-Syria for it’s Micro-finance operation:
Head of Human Resources
The incumbent of this position is responsible to attract, develop and retain talent in the institution and further enable the organization to deliver superior service through high quality human resources. The role would entail developing and implementing organization's Human Resource (HR) strategy and ensuring its alignment with business strategy and organizational goals, ensuring quality Human Resources are available to all businesses and developing, communicating and implementing a performance oriented culture through effective HR policies, efficient training and talent management practices.
Head of HR shall align leadership development, performance management and other initiatives with identified short, mid and long term business strategies and formulate, communicate and oversee the implementation of all training and development programs across the institution. Head of HR shall collaborate with the senior leadership team to set HR strategic direction and operational plans for the institution.
Successful Candidates should have:
- Hold a degree from a leading university in Human Resources or Business Administration; Masters would be a plus.
- Minimum 7 years of HR experience with at least 3 years in a management capacity managing HR strategies and organizational development initiatives.
- Demonstrate exceptional management and leadership skills, and an ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Possess strategic thinking, change management, training and customer service skills, Knowledge of Syrian labor law and regulations in addition to related CBS regulations.
- The incumbent should possess excellent command of spoken and written English.