Our client , An International NGO with offices in 30 countries around the globe operating mainly in environment, health, education, architecture, culture, micro-finance, rural development, disaster reduction, the promotion of private-sector enterprise and the revitalization of historic cities.
Our client is seeking for Syrian Professional to fill the following challenging position to be based in Damascus-Syria for it’s Micro-finance operation:
Chief Financial Officer (CFO)
The incumbent of the position is responsible for managing and overseeing the company’s finance, accountancy and other corporate functions, which include budgeting & Planning, fiscal policies and procedures, managing Company Secretariat and other fiscal functions (such as developing, implementing and modifying financial systems and internal controls, coordinating in assets and liabilities management of the Institution, general accounting, financial and MIS reporting, reviewing contracts, grants management, and contributing advice in financial matters to the Management, CEO and Board.
1. Ensure compliance with the existing policies and procedures of the department and develop policies and procedures in areas which are new or where the policies and procedures are not present.
2. Perform quality and timely Financial, MIS and other analytical reporting for the Management, CEO, Board, Shareholders and Government Authorities.
3. Develop and monitor the budget for the Institution.
4. Coordinate with the External Auditors with regards to audit of annual financial statements and other certifications.
5. Ensure that the reporting performed is in compliance with the prevailing laws and regulations in the country.
6. Introduce various cost control initiatives/schemes in the Institution.
7. Understand and ensure Institution’s compliance with prevailing taxation laws and regulations.
8. Develop as much as possible system generated reports -from CMB- and wherever possible develop user friendly Microsoft Excel templates for reporting.
9. Ensure proper indexing, electronic and physical archiving of original company documents.
10. Any other similar task assigned by the direct supervisor.
Successful Candidates should have:
- University degree in Accounting/Finance or Business Administration or any related study. Master’s degree is a plus.
- Minimum 7 years of professional finance and financial management experience within banking/finance sector, with a minimum of 3 years at senior management level.
- Should have Leadership Skills including Crisis Management, Decision Making, Problem Solving, Communication and Relations with others, People Management, Ability to analyze and follow up, Strategic Thinking, and Customer Service. Reporting Skills. Financial Policies and Procedures, Analytical Reports. Sufficient level of computer literacy (Microsoft Office). Excellent command of spoken and written English.
- Should be able to maintain a great sense of Flexibility, Integrity, and Enthusiasm towards work. Ability to develop others, Value driven and Self-disciplined, Accuracy