We are hiring.
Position Required: Data Modeler
Work Location: Nasr City, Cairo, Egypt
* 8+ years’ experience in similar role
* Degrees Computer Science, Engineering or other related areas is desirable
* Knowledge/Experience in Data warehousing, big data, data modelling and data analysis
* Industry experience from one or more core industries (e.g. finance, insurance, Government, Taxation, telco) preferable Government.
* Familiarity with both traditional and agile IT project delivery and development cycles
* Requirements documentation and information gathering techniques
* Excellent written and oral English and Arabic with experience preparing and managing documentation of senior-level client deliverables in both languages.
* Excellent communication and presentation skills
* Detail focussed, resourceful, decisive, composed, problem-solver, flexible and adaptable
* Working effectively in multi-disciplinary and cross-organizational teams
* On hands experience in modeling using Inmon and Kimball methodologies. Detail knowledge of both the techniques is a must
* Data architecture and data modeling is a must
* Data analysis is a must
* Advanced SQL is preferred
* Data integration principles are a must
* Data integration software is preferred
* BI tools: specification, development, and use (e.g. Tableau/QlikView/BO) are preferred
* Requirements management tools: e.g. JIRA, Jama, Trello is preferred
* DataOps and DevOps tools and principles (like git, Jenkins, code automation tools) are preferred
* Data design – data modelling, data flow, data transformations
* Workstream scoping, planning and execution
* Requirements elicitation, definition and management (functional, non-functional) and associated documentation lifecycles
* Communications and stakeholder management
* Prototyping and UAT.
* Mapping business rules into a logical model
* Perform recommendation for transfer of the logical model to Physical model